Welcome to Charleston Pro Bono Legal Services, Helping Bring Together Families and the Charleston Legal Community
Charleston Pro Bono Legal Services provides legal services in CIVIL CASES only to low-income applicants who either reside in Charleston County or have a case in Charleston County.
Only case of the following types are accepted:
- One-year-separation divorces
- Uncontested custody actions.
- Reuniting families through custody action after DSS Removal.
- Visitation actions.
- Paternity actions.
- Modification of Orders based on change of circumstances.
- Health Care Powers of Attorney
- Durable Powers of Attorney.
- Simple Estates
- Guardian/Conservator action.
- Social Security Disability cases.
- Unemployment Insurance
- Income Maintanence.
- Consumer cases.
- Employment Cases
- Applicants must meet household income guidelines and not have substantial liquid assets.
In some cases services are only to assist accepted clients with ADVICE and COUNSEL. In other instances clients will be provided with PRO SE assistance in which the client then goes to Court without an attorney but documents are prepared by Charleston Pro Bono attorneys. In appropriate cases, Charleston Pro Bono will seek to find and attorney to provide full representation.
Interested applicants may apply by phone 8:30AM to 5PM Mon. thru Fri.
We are physically located at 111 Church Street, Charleston, SC 29401
Our mailing address is Charleston Pro Bono, P.O. Box 1116, Charleston, SC 29402.